State Regulatory Programs
Our State Regulatory Programs work in concert with the leadership of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) and the NARUC Water Committee, State Public Utilities Commissions and environmental regulators to seek long-term solutions and best practices for challenges facing the private water service industry and the customers they serve. Opportunities are provided for our members to engage in discussions and share information, debate issues in open forums, and raise awareness of critical issues facing the industry.
State Regulatory Programs and Initiatives include:
- Promoting and reporting on Regulatory Practices
- Developing an Annual Water Policy Forum that brings together state public utility commissioners, commission staff, water utility executives and other stakeholders, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Association of State Drinking Water Administrators and financial industry/investor representatives to discuss topics that dominate the water policy agenda. View our most recent Water Policy Forum report here.
- Working closely with and providing technical assistance to the NARUC Water Committee and Critical Infrastructure Committee to further substantive dialog and information sharing.
- Providing member participation and serving as an advisor/industry coordinator for speakers and topics for NARUC national and regional meetings and conferences. View upcoming events here.
- Serving on the faculty for two Utility Rate Schools hosted by the NARUC Committee on Water annually. View more information here.
- Researching and publishing vital economic regulatory information to provide education and enhance awareness. Publications include the Sourcebook of Regulatory Techniques for Water Utilities, numerous special reports and issue papers, and the film "The Essential Business of Water."